January 20, 2012

New Again

A few days ago, one of my favourite bloggers, Aya from Strawberry Koi, talked about her love for fancy dresses - vintage ones, in fact. To be honest, I am not an avid vintage shopper, mostly because I wasn't exposed to it growing up. The "vintage" that I knew were just clothes, neither fashionable nor of good quality, that people wanted to get rid of. Over the years, I've learned how wonderful vintage can actually be and through Aya's post I discovered some lovely Etsy vintage stores: AdoreVintage, SwaneeGRACE, and DearGolden.


Now, though I am still on a learning curve - I have yet to buy any true vintage pieces, especially online - these shops are helping me cross over; after all, buying vintage is an important part of creating a sustainable wardrobe, as it follows the 3 Rs of envionmentalism: reduce, reuse, recyle.


These are all pieces that I fell in love with while browsing the stores, and though they are not all my size, I've learned that small sizes are not as hard to find as I had thought; in fact, my 2 favourites of the bunch - the pink skirt and the black butterfly dress - are both small enough to fit me!

A couple of pretty-but-not-very-practical pieces too:


Do you buy vintage fashion online? If so, what are your favourite stores? I'm still learning and discovering, so I would love to check them out!

*Photos via AdoreVintage, SwaneeGRACE, & DearGolden.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of vintage fashion since it's not my style but I do love some pieces, like the last two! The cropped bra is adorable! Have a great weekend Ana! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love vintage (in fact my sister and i sell it)...but i also love to wear it. i think mixing vintage and modern is an easy way to incorporate some into your wardrobe without looking too costumey! i love your choices!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...