January 11, 2012

Comfort Food

I constantly strive to eat meals that are as healthy as possible but, with a full schedule that keeps me away from home almost the entire day, it doesn't always happen. In these situations, one food that always comforts me is oatmeal. I love eating it warm, mixed with honey and fruits. Before the holidays, on the first snow day of the season, I had a quiet, class-free day among all the other hectic end-of-semester ones, which seemed like the perfect occasion for a bowl of oatmeal. I really like to try new combinations, and on this particular day, I mixed it with honey, cinnamon, bananas and pomegranate seeds - it proved to be a delicious midday snack!


I am still experimenting with oatmeal - the first time I had it was just 2 years ago -  and always on the look-out for new ways to enjoy it, so I would gladly try any ideas you'd like to share with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...