October 5, 2011

School Uniform

I hate to admit this but on school days, my outfits are mainly of the "jeans-and-T-shirt" variety. As a person interested in fashion, this is very frustrating since I feel like I should come up with better, more fashion-savvy combinations. What holds me back are the rushed early mornings when I have to get ready knowing I won't be returning home before the evening, and so I have to account for all of the variations in weather throughout the day - a rather scary thought.


• hand-me-down Jordache jeans (from cousin-in-law)  blouse knitted by my mom  Hollister jacket  Azuri floral scarf (seen here Clarks shoes  

This week while I was getting ready, I realized that the jeans I was wearing are one of the eco-friendly pieces I own - a hand-me-down (read: recycled) pair that is in constant rotation. Somehow, this thought made everything better and my lack of creativity didn't bother me as much anymore. After throwing a few bright colours and another eco-friendly item into the mix, I was ready to go. That is not to say that I will not keep trying to evolve my style though - that is something that I'm always striving for and hope to make small steps forward as I go along.

10 comments:

  1. i like so much what you post. feel free to check out mine and follow me if you really like.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I'm the same. I tend to wear jeans + t-shirt+ cute scarf to uni as well, unless I wake up and feel like dressing up... which doesn't really happen cz I always oversleep and don't have time :P
    I really like the yellow jacket with the purple details of the scarf :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. there are sooooo many ways you can make jeans interesting... or else they wouldn't be a staple wardrobe piece for pretty much forever!! you did great layering a jacket and bright scarf over your knit... layers are the perfect way to manage a long day of changing weather and still look chic <3shelby

    www.makemesparkly.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this look! The scarf and yellow jacket really brighten it up!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,

    Lovely blog!

    Following now so looking forward to upcoming posts.

    www.lemonworldmute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the scarf, but i love some purple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute scarf! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely look. I'm loving how you've dressed up your jeans with that lovely scarf, & goodness the pattern is SO pretty! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving. xo veronika

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...