January 16, 2014

Brilliant Style

Fashion has been on my mind a lot lately for a few reasons, but mostly because when the temperatures outside are far below zero, I can only think and dream about beautiful clothes. The ones that I actually put on are far less so, and generally in layers upon layers of whatever will keep me the warmest possible.

This post-holidays period is the time of the year when I've had enough of winter yet I know spring is still far away, so my sartorial dreams have been filled with looks that fit within a fine balance of warm and comfortable but also ladylike and in either light or bright colours - to compensate for the dark days that refuse to let us see the sun too often.


dress / cardigan / coat / Brilliant Earth ring / Brilliant Earth earrings / boots / nail polish

The people at Brilliant Earth contacted me recently to ask whether I'd like to participate in their Personality Style Challenge and, after giving it some thought, doing a bit of research and falling head over heels with both their jewelry pieces and their sustainable ethos, I realized that I would really enjoy to take part in it. I was already aware of the company, but didn't know much about it other than the fact that they are the experts when it comes to ethically-sourced engagement rings and diamonds. Now I've loved learning more about them and, as a business school graduate, I can appreciate a great mission statement, so their mission to "transform the jewelry industry one diamond at a time...through sustainability, transparency and compassion" honestly sends chills down my spine.

At first, I wasn't sure what personality I would fall under, so I looked through some of my favourite Earth-conscious online shops  - the one thing that I did know was that I wanted this outfit to be entirely eco-friendly. Picking items that caught my eye here and there, I was hoping that something would come together naturally and, funny enough, that is exactly what happened with this look: the drop waist silhouette of the dress, the classic plaid coat and the rib knit cardigan were all details that I really loved and I thought they matched perfectly with the vintage-dress-and-thrift-store-shopping kind of girl described in the challenge.

Disclaimer: I was contacted by Brilliant Earth to be a part of the Personality Style Challenge. However, I am not being compensated for this post, and all creative freedom and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...