November 24, 2013

A Slower Pace


Being home on Friday reminded me what it feels like to slow down a little bit from the go-go-go pace that I've learned comes with a full-time job and long commute every day. It was nice to be able to enjoy the little moments again and take the time to just watch after my two sweeties, Toby & Mikka, to notice the vivid green of the cat grass we have planted and the dusty purple of a bouquet of flowers, and to admire the work and attention that my mom has already put into our first handmade decorations for the holidays so far. This is the way that I want to live my life, and I'm making it to my purpose to turn it into reality one day soon.






3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness your dog is so sweet! I agree with you about wanting to live life at a slower pace. it's such a drag to push yourself so hard when you are young so that in a few years you get to slow down. But having an occasional slow day is so nice :)

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That sweet mug gets him out of trouble all the time! :P

      As for living at a slower pace, I find that the more I think about it, the more I dislike that idea of pushing yourself hard now to be able to enjoy your older years. I think that every year of life should be enjoyed (after all, we're only guaranteed the present one), but at the same time I don't think a full life can't be a slow life at the same time; to me, it's all about balance, and that's what I'm focusing on these days.

      Hope you've had a great week so far, and that it's even better ahead! :)

      Delete
  2. So cute.

    http://thevulgariangirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...