July 31, 2013

Cake Adventures

Sunday evening, when we got home from our roadtrip, my mom was finishing up this sweet treat: a yummy raw chocolate raspberry cake. I don't know the exact recipe, but I know it involves, among other things, lots of raw cacao, walnuts, maple syrup and dates for sweetness, and of course, raspberries. Just like my own triple chocolate blueberry cake, this one has a very rich chocolate flavour that satisfies my sweet tooth with even a little slice.


This summer I'm falling in love with raw cakes: they're quick and easy to make (and don't require a hot oven!), not to mention guilt-free and absolutely delicious. These two successful attempts are encouraging me to experiment with even more recipes, and who knows, maybe next time I'll show one on here, there will be some recipe directions to go along with it too.


4 comments:

  1. Oooh that cake looks to die for! I would love a recipe for that cake. Now I just want to shove ALL the raspberries in my face.

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! My mom found the recipe online but I looked it up afterwards and couldn't find it, so I gave up for now. And, it's actually not written in English, so posting the link here wouldn't be very useful either.
      I'll try to be better about having recipe directions next time I post a yummy treat. :)

      Delete
  2. I love raspberries! This cake looks amazing although i've never tried raw cacao before. Is it bitter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raw cacao tastes like any other cocoa, except it's actually really good for you, considered a superfood, and filled with antioxidants (more than blueberries!), iron, calcium and magnesium for good health. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...