Yesterday was a cool, cloudy day, and I stayed inside the entire time. I managed to keep busy for the most part, and to keep the momentum going when the afternoon slump hit, I decided to make some raw avocado-banana pudding. I came up with this recipe over the winter when my entire family was sick with the flu and we needed something quick, easy and nutritious; in fact, it was the recipe that inspired the Raw Bites series. I have made it a couple other times since then and yesterday seemed like the perfect occasion to photograph the process too. This is what I did:
1. Gather the two main ingredients: one banana and one avocado, both very ripe.
2. Break the banana into chunks and put them into a shallow bowl.
3. Scoop the avocado out of its shell, cut it into chunks and add it to the banana.
4. Mash the ingredients with a fork until there are no big pieces left and they are thoroughly combined. (This is why they have to be very ripe; otherwise, a fork won't be enough, so try using a handheld mixer or food processor.)
5. For an added touch of flavour and sweetness, mix in 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of honey.
6. Scoop the pudding into small bowls and serve immediately or refrigerate and serve later (I just had to add the last few pomegranate seeds I had left from the day before, and it made for such a yummy combination). Enjoy!