May 25, 2012

Online Spree: French Dressing

I don't often find myself in situations like this, but about a couple of months ago, I found a sale that I couldn't resist: Pure Citizen - the eco-friendly counterpart to discount sites like Gilt Groupe and HauteLook - was having 50% off on Ethos Paris items. This is one of the brands that I discovered when I first started looking into eco-fashion and although I really liked their collection, for a long time I didn't know where I could find pieces from it. With this sale, I managed to get two tops and a dress that are perfect for spring and summer as well as great examples of some of my favourite fashion elements of this season: lots of white, with some bright pops of colour.


Honeymoon Top (yes, another striped top!!) - I have long documented my love for stripes on this blog, and have admitted to owning more striped pieces than any person would need. I like fun colour combinations, but the appeal of classic black-and-white - or maybe navy-and-white, I keep looking at it, but I'm still not sure which one it is exactly! - is undeniable. Other lovely details like the three-quarter raglan sleeves with beautiful laced detailing close to the edge made it impossible for me to say no to this top.


Venus Dress - To be honest, I was a little surprised to see that this dress was actually a taupe colour rather than white as I had thought from the picture on the site, but I liked it regardless. Sadly, I do have a few issues with it: even though I got the smallest size available, it is too big on me - both too large and too long - but on the bright side, it's nothing that a little patience and help from my mom can't fix. I'm planning on taking it in a little bit because I really do love it - the bright pattern, beautiful neckline and front pleating are all reasons why - and hope to wear it all summer long.


Anemone Top (no longer available, sorry) - I have been craving lots of white for my wardrobe lately, and this top definitely filled a void. Once again, the neckline is just lovely, and all the seams - the horizontal back seam, the front seams that create flattering pleats, as well as the sleeve seams - are perfectly placed and subtle enough to require a careful look to be fully appreciated - and that's just the kind of thing that I like best.

Luckily, when I was gathering images for this post, I found out that the label recently opened up an online store, and after a quick look through I can definitely say that these will not be, by any means, my last Ethos Paris purchases!

• Model images via Ethos Paris, Pure Citizen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...