April 22, 2012

A Beautiful Planet

I have been so busy keeping up with school, blogging and life in general, that I didn't even realize that today is Earth Day until just a few days ago. I honestly think our planet should be celebrated every day, but I know very well that our always-on-the-go lifestyles don't necessarily allow for that, and that is why I think today is such a special occassion: a day when everyone turns their attention towards our precious planet, and (hopefully) becomes more mindful of it, even if just for a little while. My hope is that this blog plays a role - albeit a small one - in keeping the celebration going all year round. I've thought of writing a post today with advice and tips about going green, but I'm sure they're being dished out from all directions; so instead, I thought I'd draw attention to a reason why we should do it, and that's the remarkable beauty of our world. So, if nothing else, today I urge you to go out and take a minute to admire this beautiful world we live in, and get inspired to do your best to protect it.


Now that the flowers in our front yard have started blooming, I'm reminded of this beauty everyday. I'm so excited for a summer filled with colourful blooms all around our house!



Finally, while looking through my Twitter feed on Friday, I found a link to this incredible documentary, Home. The stunning views in the first part of the trailer took my breath away - I thought that they show exactly the beauty that I've been talking about in this post, and I can't wait to watch the entire movie.

Happy Earth Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...