• Though still quite full, I can now see - and wear! - clothes that I didn't before •
My goal was to remove all the clothes that I didn't plan on wearing in the coming weeks, leaving plenty of space for the rest and thus, creating a manageable "temporary" wardrobe that would make it easy to pick well put-together outfits. In order to keep the length of this post within reasonable limits, I decided to show just how I did it now, and leave the discussion of why and what I hope to get out of it for a later time.
How I pared down my closet:
- First, I took out all the special occasion pieces that are not in constant rotation.
- For similar items - colour or print - I chose just some of them to keep close.
- Then I packed away out-of-season items that I won't remix into my wardrobe anytime soon.
- For lack of space, I folded all the clothes that I took out and stored them in my suitcase.
I plan on rotating items once I have exhausted most combinations possible and no longer feel inspired by the clothes I have out or when the weather forces me to add some thicker layers.