January 10, 2011

A Warm Haven


In the past few years, the experience of really long and harsh Canadian winters has made me dislike the snowy season more than I ever did before. In fact, I would be perfectly content if winter limited itself to the two weeks that would allow for a white Christmas and New Year. I know that this would be bad news for our planet though, so until I am able to travel to warm and sunny places during the cold months, I resign myself to browsing through pictures of such places.


I recently stumbled upon an article about the Sandpearl Resort in Clearwater Beach, Florida. The only Certified LEED resort in the state and one out of just 10 in the United States, this place takes being green seriously, both in its design and in its practices. Features that guarantee energy-efficiency, indoor air quality, water conservation and other environmentally-sensible measures are just the beginning of the resort's environmental efforts, which extend into the activities, products and services that they offer. 

photographs via Sandpearl Resort

A session of organic food & wine tasting, a sea life safari eco-tour and healthful spa treatments, along with stunning views from all around the beach town, would certainly make for an unforgettable green getaway - and a great way to forget about those winter blues!

2 comments:

  1. That hotel, that weather...I need to go there! I need some sun in my life, also. :)SarahD

    PS I follow you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. im so ready for warmer weather!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...