July 21, 2010

Not Quite Nude


1. Organic jersey tank, $90
2. Organic cotton tank, $60
3. Beaded silk vest, $850
4. Cotton-canvas short-sleeved parka, $500
5. Low-rise creased skinny jeans, $220

During one of my aimless online browsing sessions (for clothing that I cannot afford), I was pleased to find an eco-friendly line too: EDUN. Helmed by U2 lead singer Bono and his wife Ali Hewson along with designer Rogan Gregory, the line takes its inspiration from nature. In keeping with the singer’s humanitarian efforts, the brand's mission is to promote trade in Africa and to create sustainable and socially-responsible employment in the area.

The clothing is made almost entirely from eco-friendly fabrics, such as organic cotton and silk. What stood out to me the most though, are the soft colours of all these pieces as well as their basic cuts, that would go perfectly in my closet. Granted, their prices are (mostly) far over my budget, but a girl can dream, right?

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...