April 17, 2017

Roadtrip Sights

At the end of last month, I had the chance to go on a short, overnight roadtrip and, oh my goodness, was it so needed! I had been dreaming of going on a longer roadtrip for months (maybe even years at this point?!) and I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I went to Toronto (for the second time ever) with my brother for a mix of business and pleasure, and I'm quite proud of how much we were able to fit into the short time we had there. I'll have more pictures and words about our adventures in Toronto later, but for now I just wanted to share a few snaps I took on the road, both getting there and back.

The views on the side of the road. It doesn't seem like much, especially because I'm generally a sunshine girl (and we had very little of it the whole trip) but at that point, we still had well over a foot of snow in our neighbourhood, so seeing this and not even a little bit of white around had me ridiculously happy. Not to mention, the whole way there and back, we saw gaggles of geese flying overhead constantly, which was just another much needed reminder that spring was not going to be far behind even at home. (Fast forward to today, just over two weeks later, thanks to much warmer temperatures and loads of rain, we now have barely any traces of snow left, the flowers in the front yard are popping up from under the ground at rapid speeds, and the tree buds are just about to burst - spring is in full swing!! But I digress.)


 Seriously, seeing the green of the trees against something other than snow made me so happy!



I kept seeing these signs on the side of the road every few kilometres, and it made me think that, in all of my years of life, I never actually saw any deer from the road. Well, as fate would have it, on our way back home, I saw no less than 4 of them (3 on one occasion, and another one later), so I had to take a picture of one of these signs as a happy reminder of this good fortune. :)

As we got closer to home, of course we started to see snow again.

I really enjoyed this trip. It was everything I hoped it would be: a nice break from the routine, a chance to explore and discover new things and places, and an opportunity to rest and recharge. Of course, as it always is, it's also been the reason for even more roadtrip daydreams ever since we got back...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...