June 11, 2015

Birthday Thoughts



Earlier this week, it dawned on me that maybe I should put together a special post for today to celebrate my birthday, just like I've done every year so far***. In the very next moment, I realized that if there's anything I want for my birthday this year, it's to have a completely fuss-free, good-for-the-soul day. That means no preparation and no big productions; no brainstorming ahead of time, no photoshoots, and no careful crafting of words for a few days in advance to have them ready to publish just as the clock strikes....morning.

If I was going to write anything here today, it would have to be a spur-of-the-moment, straight-from-the-heart type of post - some birthdays thoughts, if you will.

So today I turn 26. I've struggled a bit with this number over the last few weeks. At first thought, it sounds so mature (I'm now officially closer to 30 than 20, how is that even possible?!) and I'm not sure I'm quite there yet. But the more I've thought about it (and reminded myself of this truth), the more I've accepted it and actually embraced it. So right now, I'm quite happy and excited to be celebrating this new year. As the birthday girl, this is what I've been wishing for today:

I want a day with no schedules, no deadlines and no rushing.

I want to be surrounded by love, laughter and lightness and maybe greeted by a few heartfelt "Happy Birthday!" wishes.

I want plenty of kitty cuddles and puppy kisses.

Most of all, I want some quiet time all to myself, to rest and recharge for a new year of adventures.

Maybe this doesn't sound like the perfect birthday celebration in a perfect world, but to me, it sounds like the best way to spend today and celebrate entering a new year of life in light of what my life is actually like right now (busy, chaotic and rushed most days).

And now that it's already the evening, I can report that all these things have been happening throughout the day, and I'm a very happy girl, especially thanks to the puppy kisses and the kitty cuddles.

26, I've got big plans for you. Let's get going!


***More birthday thoughts from 2011, 2013 and 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...