February 27, 2013

Guilty Pleasure: Office Talk

When it comes to watching TV, sitcoms are my weakness. I've watched so many of them - Friends, New GirlThat 70s Show, even Home Improvement from back in the early 90s, and the list goes on - countless times over already. In fact, I hardly ever have the patience to watch anything else anymore.


I know that it takes away from my time focusing on living a healthier lifestyle - being active, cooking healthier meals, etc. - which makes it quite the guilty pleasure but, at the same time, I understand that each of us needs a little time away from working on our big goals once in a while, so that afterwards we can come back feeling refreshed and with new ideas. This is my way of doing that. It helps me relax after a long day, laugh and forget about any problems or stress for a little while. So, for that reason, I've decided not to feel guilty about it anymore and instead fully enjoy the 30 minutes of fun that these shows deliver.


My latest favourite is The Office. Unlike my other favourites, it took me a really long time to get on board with this one. I could never watch more than a few minutes before I would have to switch the channel which, as it turns out, wasn't long enough to understand what the show is all about and why it is filmed this way - something that contributed to my dislike of it. Ever since last fall though, I can't get enough of it. I think both the older episodes that include Michael Scott/Steve Carell and the ones from the new season are hilarious, and I'm a little sad that it will be over soon.

I'd love to know, do you watch sitcoms? If yes, which ones are your favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...