June 8, 2011

Magic Garden

After a long and busy week-end of big deadlines and decisions, the pace hasn't slowed down very much around here, as my family and I are getting ready to move into our very first home. In fact we will be getting the keys in less than 3 days, and we are incredibly excited but also knee-deep in packing our rented apartment.

This is only the first piece of exciting news that I alluded to in my previous post and it's definitely a big step. I have only lived in apartments so far and I can't wait to experience everything that comes with living in a house.

I realize that buying a house further away from the city can potentially be a bigger burden on our planet due to the long commute and other such things, but I truly think that you can be environmentally friendly in the suburbs too. One step in that direction and something that I'm really looking forward to is planting our own little organic vegetable garden.




In fact, we have already started a few plants from seeds - we've got pots filled with tomatoes of all kinds, jalapeno peppers, and some herbs that include basil, parsley and dill. We still have to plant cucumbers, radishes, carrots and some green salad, but those will go straight into the ground come next week.

I can't wait until we get yummy, healthy vegetables from our own backyard!

5 comments:

  1. oooh fresh garden veggies sound incredible right now!! i just moved from an apartment into a big old house, and it is definitely a challenge and very different... but i love it!!! hope you do too! planting a garden is on my to-do list, but keeps getting pushed back. thanks for more inspiration. and good luck!!! <3shelby

    www.makemesparkly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting! congrats on the new place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the budding garden! congratulations on the new place!


    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so exciting. i love gardening, though the love normally only last for a month, then I need a break. lol. thrilled I stumbled upon your blog. I'm following, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over 3 months ago after graduating from college in the south and moving across the country to LA. The site's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. I'd love if if you'd stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Any support would be awesome. Thanks love. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i always try to grow stuff in my garden with not much success. i had a cucumber plant that lasted about 3 months and then dried up. right now i have a cherry tomato plant that's on it's last leg. i think i drowned it lol. i should have got the pot with holes at the bottom =/. i hope you have better luck :)

    Xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...