November 9, 2014

Spectacle of Colours


We're already at that point in the fall season where the leaves have almost completely fallen of the trees, the temperatures keep dropping and we keep bringing out the cold weather essentials one by one: thick scarves, fur collar jackets, and boots. On the weather channel, there's mention of the first snowfall getting to us any day.

It's not the greatest feeling knowing that another few months of even colder and darker weather awaits us, but I'm trying not to think of it too much yet. Instead, I'm just happy and thankful that the fall we had this year - the beautiful part, with colorful trees everywhere you look, fallen leaves crunching at your feet everywhere you go, and just a little crisp in the air - has been much longer than the quick two weeks we were consistently getting for the past few years.

For anyone interested, I loved the way this photo turned out so much that I have made it (along with a few other ones) available for sale as an art print!

I feel like this year, despite the crazy schedule I have had, I was able to really take in all those beautiful parts. I noticed all the shades of orange, yellow, red and brown, and I really enjoyed seeing the progression from week to week; for instance, the colorful branches from our backyard that I posted on Instagram a few weeks ago were practically empty just a week later!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...